Used Car News | Home
- Hits: 3650
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has named the members of its Consumer Advisory Board.
The newly appointed board members include experts in consumer protection, financial services, community development, fair lending, civil rights, and consumer financial products or services. They also represent depository institutions that primarily serve underserved communities, and they represent communities that have been significantly impacted by higher-priced mortgage loans.
The first meeting of the Consumer Advisory Board will take place Sept. 27-28 in St. Louis. By statute, the board will meet no less than twice per year. Members will have staggered three-year terms.
The Consumer Advisory Board members are:
- Chairman: Jose Quinonez, executive director, Mission Asset Fund, San Francisco, Calif.
- Vice chairman: Bill Bynum, CEO, Hope Enterprise Corp., Jackson, Miss.
- Gary Acosta, executive chairman, New Vista Asset Management, San Diego, Calif.
- Jo Ann Barefoot, co-chair, Treliant Risk Advisors, Washington, D.C.
- Don Baylor, senior policy analyst for economic opportunity, Center for Public Policy Priorities, Austin, Texas
- Maeve Brown, executive director, Housing and Economic Rights Advocates, Oakland, Calif.
- Steve Carlson, head of marketing, Mint.com, Mountainview, Calif.
- Laura Castro de Cortes, vice president of alternative financial services, Centris Federal Credit Union, Omaha, Neb.
- Elizabeth Costle, director of consumer and state affairs, AARP Public Policy Institute, Washington, D.C.
- Prentiss Cox, associate professor of law, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis.
- Patricia Duarte, director, Neighborood Housing Services of Phoenix, Phoenix.
- Patricia Hasson, president, Clarifi, Philadelphia.
- Adam Levitin, professor of law, Georgetown Law School, Washington, D.C.
- James McCarthy, CEO, Miami Valley Fair Housing Center, Dayton, Ohio
- Jennifer Mishory, deputy director, Young Invincibles, Washington, D.C.
- William Nelson, executive director, USA Cares, Radcliffe, Ky.
- Michelle Peluso, global consumer chief marketing and Internet officer, Citigroup, New York, N.Y.
- Dory Rand, president, Woodstock Institute, Chicago, Ill.
- Annette Rizzo, judge, First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia.
- Ellen Seidman, chair, Board of Directors of the Center for Financial Services Innovation, Washington, D.C.
- Josh Silverman, president for U.S. consumer services, American Express, New York City.
- Robert Stoll, founder, Stoll Berne LLC, Portland, Ore.
- Donna Tanoue, vice chairman, Bank of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Jane Thompson, CEO and founder, Jane J. Thompson LLC, Lake Forest, Ill.
- Jonathan Zinman, associate professor, Dartmouth College, Hanover, N.H.